Close shave for 26 passengers as Hyderabad-Bangalore bus catches fire:
Hyderabad: As many as 26 passengers, driver and assistant had providential escape when a private travels bus they were traveling caught fire and completely gutted. The mishap happened near Enugumarri village in Pyapili block of kurnool district in the early hours of Thursday. The AC bus was proceeding from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Passengers noticed smoke from the rear portion of the bus and alerted the driver who stopped the bus enabling the passengers get out of it. Flames started spreading to the front portion of the bus even before all the passengers came out. The bus was burnt completely within minutes. By the times fire tender reached the spot, the bus reduced to ashes. Though the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, the electric short circuit is said to have caused the fire. Many passengers could not bring their luggage out. Bags and suitcases containing valuables were burnt beyond recognition.