BENGALURU: A NEET candidate from Hassan and another from Bengaluru have secured spots in the all-India top 50 rankings, helping Karnataka record its presence in the upper rungs after last year’s miss. The results of the 2019 National Eligibility Entrance Test, the gateway for medical and dental courses, were declared on Wednesday.Phaneendra DR, who hails from Hassan, and Bengaluru teen P Mahesh Anand are ranked 36th and 43rd in the country, respectively. Another Bengaluru student, Pragya Mitra, figures among top 20 girl performers. Overall, her position is 99. Phaneendra completed class 12 from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Pune. Anand is a student of Sri Chaitanya Techno, Marathahalli, while Pragya studied at Sri Kumaran Children’s Home, Mallasandra. The three are waiting for the results of the entrance exam of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Over 1 lakh students from the state appeared for NEET on May 5. The pass percentage has dipped marginally from 63.5% in 2018 to 63.2%.
About The Author
June 11, 2019
- LCA Tejas won’t be part of Paris Air Show; here’s why
- Usha Uthup performs at Taj MG Road, Bengaluru
- Rakesh Singh eased out as BDA commissioner
- On way to get their Aadhar cards corrected, four die after auto collides with bus in Bengaluru
- IMA Mohammed Mansoor Khan met me with Shivajinagar MLA Roshan Baig: Revenue minister R V Deshpande