BENGALURU: At a time when VIP weddings are all about opulence and obscene display of wealth and power, chief secretary TM Vijay Bhaskar has decided to keep it simple: The senior officer has taken only a day’s leave on Friday for his daughter’s wedding. Not just that. He has opted to conduct the wedding at an ordinary kalyana mantapa in Vyalikaval instead of choosing one in the sprawling Palace Grounds or the lawns of a star hotel in the city. Bhaskar’s elder daughter Vishruti, an advocate, is getting married to Gautam Kumar Raja on Sunday. With the second Saturday of the month being a government holiday, he gets three days off from work on a trot.The invitation requests the 500-plus invitees to avoid bouquets and gifts. “I’m a simple person and even my family members, including my daughter, wanted to have a simple marriage ceremony,” Bhaskar told TOI. His soon-to-be son-in-law, Gautam, is a start-up entrepreneur from Jayanagar. On why he chose not to go on a long leave for the wedding, Bhaskar said: “My wife Rukmini is taking care of everything. She took the entire responsibility of the wedding preparations while I was busy at work.” He has invited chief minister HD Kumaraswamy and deputy chief minister G Parameshwara to the wedding.
About The Author
- LCA Tejas won’t be part of Paris Air Show; here’s why
- Usha Uthup performs at Taj MG Road, Bengaluru
- Rakesh Singh eased out as BDA commissioner
- On way to get their Aadhar cards corrected, four die after auto collides with bus in Bengaluru
- IMA Mohammed Mansoor Khan met me with Shivajinagar MLA Roshan Baig: Revenue minister R V Deshpande