BENGALURU: The air traffic movement (ATM) at Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) showed a declining trend in May when compared to last year. While international air traffic movement improved by 8.4%, domestic reduced by 2.1% in May this year.“The ATM for May 2019 is lower than the corresponding period last year, largely owing to pullout of Jet Airways and the grounding of Boeing 737 Max fleet across all airlines. This trend has been seen across all major airports in India,” a Bengaluru International Airport Ltd (BIAL) spokesperson said. Over 2.9 million domestic passengers and 0.42 million international ones passed through KIA in May, recording a growth rate of 5.7% and 9.5% for domestic and international passengers, respectively.
About The Author
- LCA Tejas won’t be part of Paris Air Show; here’s why
- Usha Uthup performs at Taj MG Road, Bengaluru
- Rakesh Singh eased out as BDA commissioner
- On way to get their Aadhar cards corrected, four die after auto collides with bus in Bengaluru
- IMA Mohammed Mansoor Khan met me with Shivajinagar MLA Roshan Baig: Revenue minister R V Deshpande