BENGALURU: The suicide of a farmer and his wife triggered unrest in a village of Channapatna taluk, Ramanagara district, as angry villagers set house and vehicles on fire on Tuesday evening. The man and his wife hanged themselves in their house in Srinivasapura near Sadarahalli after a farmer-priest, Tyagaraja, from the village posted on Facebook photographs of himself with the woman. The photos were immediately circulated among the couple’s relatives.Police said there was a big fight in the couple’s family following which the husband and wife took the extreme step. Accusing Tyagaraja of abetting the suicides, angry villagers set his house, tractor and bike on fire. Tyagaraja fled the spot and his mobile phone is switched off, police added.
About The Author
- Bengaluru’s Nagawara residents want cops to tackle drug menace
- Pourakarmikas will be forced to eat where it stinks. So that they do a ‘better clean-up job’
- Rohit Sharma is the top ODI player in the world, says Virat Kohli
- Gold Trafford! Where it all began
- Virat Kohli and Kane Williamson to face each other again in the World Cup semi-finals after 11 years