HIGHLIGHTS Shashi Tharoor was disappointed by rain playing a spoilsport in the ongoing World Cup ICC has been criticised by many for not having reserve days for group stage matches World Cup 2019 has most number of washouts in a single edition Just like every other cricket fan, Congress leader Shashi Tharoor is also disappointed by rain playing a spoilsport in the ongoing World Cup in England and Wales. So far, three matches have been washed out in the ongoing tournament and the weather predictions for the upcoming matches — including that of the high-voltage clash between India and Pakistan — is not good. Taking to Twitter, Tharoor said either England should be banned from hosting cricket tournaments until the climate change problem across the world is solved or the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) invests in covered stadiums. “With three washouts already (and more due this week), World Cup 2019 is becoming a damp squib. Should England be banned from hosting cricket tournaments until the world solves climate change or the MCC invests in covered stadia? Their summers are increasingly turning into monsoons!” said the Congress leader.
About The Author
June 22, 2019
- Bengaluru’s Nagawara residents want cops to tackle drug menace
- Pourakarmikas will be forced to eat where it stinks. So that they do a ‘better clean-up job’
- Rohit Sharma is the top ODI player in the world, says Virat Kohli
- Gold Trafford! Where it all began
- Virat Kohli and Kane Williamson to face each other again in the World Cup semi-finals after 11 years