A 27-year-old housekeeping staff has died of suspected electrocution at a reputed restaurant. The victim has been identified as R Lakshman, a resident of Muneshwara Extension in Laggere. The incident took place on Friday between 4 pm to 5.40 pm at the Hallimane Restaurant located on the service road of Tumkuru Road inYeshwanthpura Industrial Suburb. The victim, while cleaning the floor with a mop, is alleged to have touched the grinder with the wet mop and became unconscious due to electrocution. The victim’s brother R Mahesh has filed a complaint against the restaurant owner and others. However, the management has blamed seizures for Lakshaman’s death and stated the electrocution allegations as false and baseless.“The victim’s brother has stated that Lakshman was working in the restaurant as a housekeeping staff for the last six months. Around 5.30 pm, their mother informed that Lakshman was being taken to a private hospital. When the complainant went there, he found that his brother had died on the way to the hospital,” said an officer on part of investigations. The officer further stated, “Lack of safety equipment is alleged to be the reason for the victim’s death. The complainant has alleged repeated requests to the restaurant’s owner, manager, and supervisor, about providing adequate safety equipment to the staff, have gone unheard. However, it is still not clear whether the grinder had come in contact with a live wire.” Requests to the restaurant management about providing safety to staff, have fallen on deaf ears –Police Official Reacting to the incident, the hotel’s supervisor Suresh said, “Lakshman began working with us three months ago, but in the FIR it is being mentioned that he has worked here for the past six months. On Friday, he fell down and began frothing from his mouth. We rushed him to a nearby private hospital, unfortunately he died on the way. All the allegations made by them are untrue.” The RMC Yard police have registered a case of death by negligence under section 304A of the Indian Penal Code against the owner and others and are investigating further.