BENGALURU: Mohammed Mansoor Khan, founder-owner of I Monetary Advisory (IMA) Group and the prime accused in cheating more than 23,000 investors, flew out of the country on the night of June 8 (Saturday), a day before the first complaint was filed against him, police sources told TOI. Bengaluru police have issued a lookout notice for Khan.Barely 24 hours after the first complaint against Khan was filed on Sunday, an audio clip, purportedly of Khan claiming he was on the verge of committing suicide , was circulated on WhatsApp. The clip blew the lid off the scam and thousands of investors rushed to Commercial Street police station to file complaints. Khan was long gone by then, police said. Investor, 54, dies of cardiac arrest A 54-year-old man who had invested Rs 8 lakh in IMA Group died of cardiac arrest on Thursday. Abdul Pasha, from Old Guddalahalli on Mysuru Road, had low BP and sugar. He had three daughters and a son. He complained of chest pain while discussing the IMA scam amid preparations for his daughter’s wedding in July. He died at a hospital in the evening.Khan, who was alone, cleared immigration around 6.40pm and his flight to Dubai took off at 8.45pm,” a source in the state secretariat said. “His associates recalled how Khan was tense since central agencies were communicating with the state, asking why no action had been taken against him and his firm. Earlier in the evening (Saturday), he drove to the airport in his favourite Jaguar.” Khan’s Jaguar (KA-05-MW-41) and Range Rover (PY-05-C-7777) were seized from the Shivajinagar residence of Nizamuddin Azeemuddin, one of seven IMA directors arrested on Wednesday. On June 9, Mohammed Khalid Ahmed, friend and business partner of Khan, filed a police complaint accusing Khan of cheating him of Rs 4.8 crore. The news of the complaint spread like wildfire sending investors into panic. However, those who made investments in the group had already begun suspecting something amiss as Khan had stopped paying interest from March this year.