BENGALURU: The BMTC has introduced a non-AC bus service between Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) and Hebbal. The new route (281-AP) with three buses are plying via Hebbal, Byatarayanapura, Yelahanka, Bettahalsoor, Doddajala, Shettigere, airport back gate and then KIA. The service – between 6am and 10pm – is expected to ensure better connectivity between Doddajala railway station and the airport.BMTC officials said the new service is mainly for airport workers and people from nearby areas who cannot afford its air-conditioned Vayu Vajra buses. “We have started these services on a pilot basis, mainly for poor workers working in the airport and nearby areas. We will extend the services based on the response from commuters,” said a senior official.
About The Author
June 4, 2019
- Bengaluru’s Nagawara residents want cops to tackle drug menace
- Pourakarmikas will be forced to eat where it stinks. So that they do a ‘better clean-up job’
- Rohit Sharma is the top ODI player in the world, says Virat Kohli
- Gold Trafford! Where it all began
- Virat Kohli and Kane Williamson to face each other again in the World Cup semi-finals after 11 years